Another milestone! Three million viewsMay 2, 2013
Sometime in the past couple of days (end of April 2013), this blog hit three million views!
It passed two million views in early August 2012, so it’s only taken nine months to go from two million to three million. In September 2011, this blog cracked the one million views mark since I started blogging in 2008. As I said when the total views passed half a million sometime in 2010, I can’t even comprehend that number, so three million is mind-boggling.
My weekday average number of views is between 4000 and 5000, and my monthly average is more than 110,000 views. I’ll do a full analysis at the end of this year, as I have done in previous years (see below for links).
However, despite the number of views and the overwhelmingly positive comments (‘OMG! You saved my LIFE!’), I make no more than ‘pin money’ from the ‘donate’ button in the sidebar (https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/if-only/); I also pay WordPress to NOT have random ads on this blog (my choice).
I mainly write this blog for me — I can’t possibly remember all the things I learn, so when I write instructions they are primarily to backup my brain ;-) Think of this blog as a dumping ground for all those random bits and pieces I learn each day. And yes, I definitely use my own blog to ‘remember’ how to do something I may have only done once or twice before.
The fact that others (all three million others now!) find it useful too, is very humbling.
- 2012 blog stats: https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/2012-blog-statistics/
- 2011 blog stats: https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/2011-blog-statistics/
- 2010 blog stats: https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/2010-blog-statistics/
- 2009 blog stats: https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/revisiting-another-year-of-blogging/
- 2008 blog stats: https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/looking-back-on-the-first-year-of-this-blog/
[Links last checked May 2013]