Presentation: Time-saving Techniques Using Author-itJune 17, 2009
I delivered this presentation at the annual WritersUA Conference in Las Vegas in 2005. Be aware that Author-it software has been updated several times since 2005 so some of the techniques shown in this presentation, which applied to v4.x, may not be relevant now.
All accompanying handouts are available from the CyberText website.
The focus of this presentation was on how to:
- create, assign, manage, and use Author-it variables
- use system variables to add ‘feedback loops’ for online content
- create, manage, and use embedded and reusable content
- use release states to save time for reviewers
- use release states to create “What’s New” and “What’s Updated” topics
[Links last checked April 2009]