PaintShop Pro: Find a color valueMarch 13, 2009
You find this great image and want to find out what colors have been used in it. There are several ways you can go about this — in this post I’ll describe one way to do it in PaintShop Pro X. Other graphics programs will have similar tools to the Eyedropper Tool in PaintShop Pro.
- Open the image in PaintShop Pro X.
- Zoom in to make it bigger, if applicable — this helps you see the individual colors better.
- Click the Eyedropper Tool in the toolbar then move the eyedropper tool over the image.
- As you move the eyedropper, a little box displays the RGB color values of the pixel at the tip of the eyedropper.
- If you click on a pixel, that color is put into the Materials swatch.
- Click on the swatch and you get more detail about the color — the RGB values (1 on the image below), the HSL values (2), and the Hex value (HTML field) (3).
Unfortunately, PaintShop Pro doesn’t display Pantone or CMYK colors, but at least you should have something to work on with the values it does have.