Configuring Remote Desktop settingsNovember 7, 2008
Did you know that you can adjust various settings for Remote Desktop? You can’t do them once Remote Desktop is open, so make your adjustments from the Remote Desktop connection dialog before connecting.
- In Windows XP, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection.
- Click Options.
- Make changes to the settings on the relevant tabs of the Remote Desktop Connection window. For example, you can adjust the window size on the Display tab (the maximum is 1600×1200).
- If you want to save your settings for the next time you connect to the machine, go back to the General tab and click Save.
- Click Connect to connect to the remote computer.
- If you still have changes you want to make, close the remote desktop session, and repeat steps 1 to 5.