Word: Folder for inserted imagesJuly 24, 2008
Problem: How do I get Word to look in one of my folders each time I insert a graphic?
Solution: Change the default folder location. Here’s how:
- Open File Locations:
* Word 2003: Select Tools > Options from the Word 2003 menu, then select the File Locations tab.
* Word 2007: Click the large Office button in the top left, click Word Options, click Advanced, scroll down, then click File Locations in the General section.
- Select Clipart pictures, then click Modify.
- Navigate to and select the folder you want to open whenever you insert pictures.
- Click OK to save and close all settings.
[This article was first published in the December 2006 CyberText Newsletter; updated with Word 2007 details 21 August 2008]