IE6 won’t display active contentJanuary 4, 2008
You get a warning in Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) like: “Displaying of active contents, which can access the computer, has been limited because of safety reasons…”, but you *know* that the content is safe—maybe because you created it yourself—yet you can’t view it.
Change your IE6 options:
- In IE6, go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Security section.
- Select the Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer check box.
- Select the Allow active content to run in files on My Computer check box.
- Click OK to save your changes.
You should only need to do this once.
Update for IE7: You do the same as above, but you’ll have to restart your computer before the changes take effect.